I am a Ph.D student at School of Computing and Information (SCI), University of Pittsburgh. My major is Information Science and Technology. Currently, I work in PITT Computational Social Science Lab (PICSO LAB) which is directed by Dr. Yu-Ru Lin. I am broadly interested in data science, network science, and computational science. With the escalating amount of heterogeneous data and complex networks, I explore analytical and computational ways to measure, model, predict and visualize the underlying meaningful interactions and patterns. If you are interested in my researches, please visit Research and Publication.
Before I came to Pittsburgh, I worked with Dr. Hernan Makse in Complex Networks and Soft Matter Lab at City College of New York from 2015 to 2016. Prior to that, I obtained my master and bachelor degrees in Mathematics and Engineering from Beihang University, China.
- 08/2017 I received student travel grants from NSF & SIGWEB as well as SIGIR to attend CIKM 2017 in Singapore.
- 08/2017 Our paper Anomaly detection in dynamic networks using multi-view time-series hypersphere learning is accepted for inclusion in the CIKM 2017 conference.
- 07/2017 I present a poster to introduce our recent work about anomaly detection in dynamic networks at SIAM Workshop on Network Science (NS2017) in Pittsburgh, USA. [Slides]
- 03/2017 Our paper Efficient collective influence maximization in cascading processes with first-order transitions is published in Scientific Reports. We develop a new algorithm called "CI-TM", which can quickly spot influential spreaders to promote information diffusion in networks.
- 10/2016 Our paper Collective Influence of Multiple Spreaders Evaluated by Tracing Real Information Flow in Large-Scale Social Networks is published in Scientific Reports. This is my research work in Levich Institute, CCNY in during 2015 to 2016. Thanks to my colleagues Dr. Pei, Dr. Morone and Dr. Makse.
- 09/2016 I launched a new homepage, the old one is here: Former Homepage.
- 05/2016 I moved to Pittsburgh from New York, and started my Ph.D studies at iSchool of Pitt.
- 06/2015 I moved to New York City and started my research work at Levich Institue of City College of New York (CCNY).