Dept. of Mathematics
University of Pittsburgh
aly21 (at) pitt.edu
Math 240 Calculus 3
Syllabus and schedule
Official textbook for this course is James Stewart, Essential Calculus, Early Transcendentals, 2 ed. You can use first edition (it may be cheaper), the only difference is chapter 7.5 and problem numbers.
You are also encouraged to use any other text or resource you find helpful. In particular, MIT has a freely available textbook here.
Old exams and practice problems
These are personal webpages of some of Pitt instructors that contain old exams, practice exams and practice problems. You should expect the departmental final to be modelled after those problems.
- Example of departmental final (provided by the department)
- One, two pages from my Calc III classes (quizzes with solutions)
- Prof. Angela Athanas' Calc III page (practice exams with answers, practice problems)
- Prof. Inna Sysoeva's Calc III page (practice exams with answers, practice problems)
- Prof. Evgeni Trofimov's Calc III page (quizes and exams with solutions)
- Prof. Piotr Hajlasz's Calc III page (has very good lecture notes, + practice exams with solutions)
- Prof. Kiumars Kaveh's Calc III page (also has lecture notes)
- Prof. William Layton's Calc III old final exams, midterm exams, practice problems (pdf)